Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Unbreakable by Kami Garcia


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by us, that highlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication 'can't-wait-to-read' selection is:

Unbreakable (Legion, #1)Title: Unbreakable
Author: Kami Garcia
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Release Date: 1st October 2013
Find on: Amazon, Goodreads

I never believed in ghosts. Until one tried to kill me.

When Kennedy Waters finds her mother dead, her world begins to unravel. She doesn’t know that paranormal forces in a much darker world are the ones pulling the strings. Not until identical twins Jared and Lukas Lockhart break into Kennedy’s room and destroy a dangerous spirit sent to kill her. The brothers reveal that her mother was part of an ancient secret society responsible for protecting the world from a vengeful demon — a society whose five members were all murdered on the same night.

Now Kennedy has to take her mother’s place in the Legion if she wants to uncover the truth and stay alive. Along with new Legion members Priest and Alara, the teens race to find the only weapon that might be able to destroy the demon — battling the deadly spirits he controls every step of the way.

Suspense, romance, and the paranormal meet in this chilling urban fantasy, the first book in a new series from Kami Garcia, bestselling coauthor of the Beautiful Creatures novels.


I'm a huge fan of both Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl! They've especially done great work in the Beautiful Creatures series and I've watched the movie too! Is it a coincidence that the book is about ghosts and it's coming out on the month of Halloween? I'm guessing no. I can't wait to see what Kami can cook up on her own! And the cover looks fiery and amazing too! Hope it's GOOD!!!!! Yum....

9 comments:

  1. This book has such an intriguing synopsis! I can't wait to read it :D
    Awesome pick :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I am interested in reading this one too :)

    My Wow

    Toni @ My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the synopsis, but I'm a little let down by the cover. For such a praised author, I'm sure they could have done better. But I'm excited all the same!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't yet read this author, but this cover and blurb reached out and grabbed me.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this the other day, and I can't wait to read it. I especially love the creepy cover! Great choice, you can visit my WOW here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to read this as well! I can't wait to get my hands on it! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this sounds quite interesting, good choice!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read this as well! I want to read ICONS too. Mostly because I loved the Caster Chronicles so much!

    New Follower <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen's WoW!
    Enter our FIRST OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY @ The Reading Vixens!!

    ReplyDelete