Friday, March 1, 2013

Review: Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor

Title: Days of Blood & Starlight
Author: Laini Taylor
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Release Date: November 6th 2012
Find on: AmazonGoodreads

Quick Review: Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a world free of bloodshed and war.

This is not that world.


Art student and monster's apprentice Karou finally has the answers she has always sought. She knows who she is—and what she is. But with this knowledge comes another truth she would give anything to undo: She loved the enemy and he betrayed her, and a world suffered for it.

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Karou must decide how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, secrets and impossible choices, Days of Blood & Starlight finds Karou and Akiva on opposing sides as an age-old war stirs back to life.

While Karou and her allies build a monstrous army in a land of dust and starlight, Akiva wages a different sort of battle: a battle for redemption. For hope.

But can any hope be salvaged from the ashes of their broken dream?


Detailed Review: I want to thank Chloe for giving me this opportunity to review Days of Blood and Starlight! After reading Daughter of Smoke & Bone (which you can find Chloe's review at the link) I thought it was really good. The fantasy of creatures that Laini Taylor has created was really a blast to the fantasy world she though of like the chimaera, seraphim and the humans that exist in a single of plane of the universe. 

To put what I think in a sentence, it's just plain AWESOME. From Daughter of Smoke and Bone, it just becomes even more awesomer! After reading the book I was like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pretty much felt like this:

1) Oh yeah, oh yeah! Thiago is dead! Issa and Yasri are still alive! Goooooooooo Karou!!! Defeat the Dominion!

2) Tears... and sighs. Brimstone, please, you shouldn't have died. Karou needs you so much. And Karou, even though I love your blue hair I still want you to be back with Akiva. Stop looking at Ziri, for goodness sake!

3) OMG! No way would I let Karou fall in love with Ziri! Karou, you belong with AKIVA! Got it?!?

Yup, that's pretty much it. The story is basically about the continuance of the war between the seraphim and chimaera as Karou takes on Brimstone's job to build more bodies. And Akiva is trying to stop the war. And he ended up killing his father Joram. Those of you who have read this book, I know you want me to say more on what happened, but I still feel overwhelmed by the book so don't ask me to say more because I will break down and cry.


Brief Review: I really can't forget this story. It's both heartbreaking and thrilling that I'm always crying and then jumping up and down the next moment. If the book is able to do this to me, then it's a guarantee must-read!

My Rating: 5/5   "Totally Amazing!"











Your Reviewer:

 




No comments:

Post a Comment