Friday, March 22, 2013

Review: Fire by Heather James

Fire (Elements of Power, #1)Title: Fire
Author: Heather James
Release Date: 5th January 2013
Publisher: Heather James
Find on: Amazon, Goodreads

Quick Review: Is control over the elements a gift, or a curse?

Roxy thinks that she is in control of everything: with flames flaring at her fingertips and an equally fiery attitude, what more could she need? But then she meets Brae, a prince from a rival Realm, who turns her assumptions of superiority upside down.

Jasmine has none of Roxy’s confidence or intensity. But she does have a secret - and Brae - and she’s not going to give either up willingly.



Detailed Review: First, I'm going to talk about how this book left me with my mouth wide open and my eyes bulging out of my head. I was lucky that no one was there when I finally finished the book. I was stuck in the situation where I was waiting for MORE. For something to happen. Something that was going to give me a heart attack.


But...


The book just got cut off like that. Wanna know what the last sentence is?


So I told him everything, as we looked out across the water.


I was literally begging on my knees for more. I wanted more tidbits. But sadly nothing ever came. Heather, you really know how to write that it has managed to squeeze every ounce of life out of me. I just died once, but with my friend and partner Chloe's help, I was resurrected once again. I hope you give more in the next book. PLEASE.



crying gif photo: crying zoey crying.gif

In Fire, there are four realms that feature four different elemental powers:

The Brizan Realm: Water
The Arcan Realm: Air
The Helian Realm: Fire
The Sephan Realm: Earth

Plus if they're protectors, then they have a bonus mark: different coloured streaks in their hair. Blue for Brizan, silver for Arcan, red for Helian and green for Sephan. 


Roxy is a Helian, the granddaughter of  King Nero and she is a protector that's destined to be a traitor. Jasmine is an Arcan (or is she?), and she's a close friend to the Arcan prince, Brae. Both girls' lived collide together as they are put together in undesired circumstances to help the other realms survive as the Helians plan to Control them goes into motion. 


And Jasmine has a secret, one she doesn't dare tell to anyone, for fear that they will think of her as a monster.


Instead of any of the colours that Protectors usually wear, she has PURPLE streaks in her hair. So I figured everything out like this: when you add blue to red you get purple. So that must meant that Jasmine is both Helian and Brizan. Am I right? Do I get a reward?


So this was a rather tearful read for me. And it was so sad....


Brief Review: I'm crying again... Please don't do this to me anymore. I beg you... The book was way better than I expected. It was plain awesome. Come along and join the pool party. My tears are enough to make a pool now.



Final Rating: 5/5 "Totally Amazing!"



Your Reviewer: 




1 comment:

  1. Hey, Nice Blog..!!

    I've clicked to 'join this site' and follow you. Would really appreciate a follow back @

    http://supernova125.blogspot.co.uk/

    Many thanks and all the best

    R

    ReplyDelete