Saturday, September 14, 2013

Review: Luminous: An Alternate Reality... Is The Real One by E.Bell

Title: Luminous: An Alternate Reality... Is The Real One
Author: E.Bell
Publisher: Booktango
Release Date: 4th June 2013
Find on: GoodreadsAmazon

Quick Review: It is 2049, and sixteen-year-old Lucia Carboni carries a weight on her shoulders not typical of a teenage girl. Her burden is not clothes, boys, or school; it’s saving the world. Born into the Ascended Ones, Lucia’s mission is to help the cult depopulate the world, take over, and enslave the survivors. If all goes well, by 2050, there will be a New World Order—a plan the Ascended Ones have been working toward for centuries.

After Lucia is sent undercover to public school, she attempts to fit in and develops friendships with the very people her cult seeks to destroy. But what no one knows is that Lucia is immune to her cult’s brainwashing techniques. Torn between her upbringing and hope for her future, Lucia makes a bold decision to escape to Ground Zero in New York City, where she hopes to find her mother, pose as an alter, and seek proof of the Ascended Ones’ plan. As she embarks on a journey to the truth, Lucia soon discovers that nothing is as it seems.

In this exciting futuristic tale, a teenager races against time to enlighten the world and stop an evil plan before it is too late.


Detailed Review: << review copy received from the author herself >>

The title is really long isn't it? So I'm just going to cut it short and call it "Luminous". So... personally Luminous had a really great plot and storyline but the writing itself was... incomplete and simple? Not complex enough to make the story more interesting. 


I really thought this would have had more potential. It really did have one. I think if the writing was more wishy-washy or fun, I think the story would have had a better chance of spreading like wild fire (if you know what I mean). 


I felt like her characters were undeveloped and empty. There was not much development it was confusing as well... 


But I think if the author put more effort in the story (not like I'm saying the author didn't!) It's just it didn't really an impression on me. 


The author should improve her writing skills as well as her character descriptions. I think she should write her analysis on her characters before she writes them but overall I think the story plot was OK. I mean, really! 


There was alot room for improvement. Unfortunately I found this book to be very 'empty' and not that exciting to read. 



Brief Review: It was so-so and there really wasn't an impact on me when I read this book... The author's writing was quite bland and there was no "oophm!" that I really wanted to see in this book. 

My Rating: 2/5  "It was OK but not for me..."











Your Reviewer: 



No comments:

Post a Comment