Friday, November 9, 2012

TGIF - Feature and Follow Friday #122


FEATURE & FOLLOW FRIDAY is a blog hop that is designed to provide as much exposure towards other bloggers as well as yourself, and to expand following. It's hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each whom feature a chosen blog for a week, it's also an interesting way to get to know one another bloggers.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: 
Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic? 

One thing is... I don't mind. I mean, reading about similar ideas make the story even more challenging for the authors. It makes it exciting for readers like me who love the skills a writer can control. Well, if a book sounds horrible or similar to another story that someone has told me about, it makes me want to read it - why? Because it's a whole lot more fun to see the duel between author-to-author. But seriously, it's no big deal  :)

Challenges make life fun. 

Ish...


DON'T FORGET TO...


12 comments:

  1. Hey there! I love your blog. See I sort of agree with you, but at the same time I don't haha. I know that makes no sense. I like a challenge, which is why I like retelling's and what not because they need to take a story and make it their own. But I despise when author's flat out take other people's ideas, change a thing or two and call it their work. It's like really? LoL

    New Follower! My FF @ Pink Fluffy Hearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Will be following :)

      Delete
  2. I love your answer! It made me chuckle at the end :)

    New follower :)

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you're answer is fantastic! I never thought of it that way but I definitely see how it can be fun! I don't have a problem either, as long as they can put their own touch on the story. Great answer :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really mind either as long as each book has a unique voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there very nice blog! I am a new follower!
    http://racingtoread.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! We're be following back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi i followed u from blogaholic social network. Pls. Follow me back. http://renalapaisano.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL My sister will read books, especially if there's alot of controversy surrounding them...just to see how bad they really are. hehe.

    New follower via GFC!

    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure we'll follow you back guys! Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  9. Great answer! I'm now following you via GFC so feel free to visit whenever you get a chance...

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete