Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by us, that highlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's upcoming 'can't-wait-to-read' selection is:

Being Sloane JacobsTitle: Being Sloane Jacobs
Author: Lauren Morrill
Release Date: 7th January 2014
Publisher: Delacorte
Find on: Goodreads

Meet Sloane Emily Jacobs: a seriously stressed-out figure-skater from Washington, D.C., who choked during junior nationals and isn’t sure she’s ready for a comeback. What she does know is that she’d give anything to escape the mass of misery that is her life.

Now meet Sloane Devon Jacobs, a spunky ice hockey player from Philly who’s been suspended from her team for too many aggressive hip checks. Her punishment? Hockey camp, now, when she’s playing the worst she’s ever played. If she messes up? Her life will be over.

When the two Sloanes meet by chance in Montreal and decide to trade places for the summer, each girl thinks she’s the lucky one: no strangers to judge or laugh at Sloane Emily, no scouts expecting Sloane Devon to be a hero. But it didn’t occur to Sloane E. that while avoiding sequins and axels she might meet a hockey hottie—and Sloane D. never expected to run into a familiar (and very good-looking) face from home. It’s not long before the Sloanes discover that convincing people you’re someone else might be more difficult than being yourself.

The story did at first remind me of Will Grayson, Will Grayson but then it got more interesting with the swapping places part. I feel really intrigued and curious to know how it turns out. And the cover especially, is cuuuuute. Love it!

5 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read Meant to Be for the longest. I've heard some pretty awesome things about it :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This immediately brought to mind Will Grayson, WIll Grayson for me too. That is one of my all time favorite reads too so it definitely piques my interest about this book. I might have to pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick! I haven't actually read Will Grayson, Will Grayson but I will... soon! Ahahaha. I love the idea of two people swapping places.. it's very Parent Trap-like. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Feel free to check out my "Waiting on" Wednesday and I absolutely adore everything about your blog.. new follower! :D

    - Sadie @ Lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pick! I've heard amazing things about MEANT TO BE - I must pick that up soon. And I haven't read Will Grayson, Will Grayson, but it looks like I'm missing out. Hehe.

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete